The Doctors at Stanley Health Centre constantly strive to provide the best service possible but recognise that occasionally things don't always go as you would wish.

We welcome the opportunity to discuss your suggestions for improvements to our services or if you would like to tell us about a service that has worked well you can do this by asking to speak to the Practice Manager: Mrs Pat Foster or Assistant Practice Manager: Mrs Hazel Davies.


If you are unhappy with any aspect of your treatment or care from the practice see our complaints guidance below.

Action you can take

    • Wherever possible the practice will attempt to resolve your complaint verbally so speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Manager as soon as possible. We may be able to deal with the matter there and then and it can often be concluded at that point.
    • If that is not possible or the outcome from a discussion is not satisfactory you can put your complaint in writing and send that to the Practice Manager. This will ensure we are clear of the issues you wish to raise.
    • If after raising the matter verbally or in writing & you are not satisfied with the practices response or you feel unable to contact the practice directly you can make a formal complaint to NHS England: or ring on
      Tele: 0300 311 22 33
      From 1 July 2023 this will be managed by:
      Wakefield Intergrated Care Board - ICB 
      Email: at
      Telephone: 01924 552150
      In writing: West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board Complaints Team, White Rose House West Parade, Wakefield WF1 1LT 5
      Monday to Friday 9 to 5 p.m.
      The ICB is closed on bank holidays.
      Please note: If you have raised your concerns or complaint with us already, the West Yorkshire ICB will not be able to reconsider the same concerns. You can find more information on how to make a complaint to the ICB on their website:
    • If you are still unhappy after contacting NHS England  / ICB after 1 July 2023 you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and government
      Tele: 0345 015 4033

Action the Practice will take

    • We will listen and try to resolve your complaint at the earliest opportunity
    • We will acknowledge a written complaint within 3 days of receiving it and a response will be sent within 10 days. If it is not possible to conclude investigations within the 10 days we will update you with what progress has been made and the probable time scale for conclusion
    • We will offer an apology if that is appropriate and take steps to make sure the problem does not arise again

For help with making a complaint you can contact

Healthwatch Wakefield - Local Advocacy Service
Unity House, Westgate, Wakefield, WF1 1EP

Tele: 01924 787379


NHS Complaints Advocacy Service - they support people through the process of making a complaint about the NHS. This is a free, confidential & independent service
Tele: 0300 330 5454


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website