The Doctors at Stanley Health Centre constantly strive to provide the best service possible but recognises that occasionally things don't always go as you would wish.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your suggestions for improvements to our services or if you would like to tell us about a service that has worked welland you can do this by asking to speak to the Practice Manager: Mrs Pat Foster or Assistant Practice Manager: Mrs Hazel Davies.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your treatment or care from the practice see our complaints guidance below.
Action you can take
- Wherever possible the practice will attempt to resolve your complaint verbally so speak to the Practice Manager or Assistant Practice Manger as soon as possible. We may be able to deal with the matter there and then and it can often be concluded at that point.
- If that is not possible or the outcome from a discussion is not satisfactory you can put your complaint in writing and send that to the Practice Manager. This will ensure we are clear of the issues you wish to raise.
- If after raising the matter verbally or in writing or you feel unable to contact the practice directly you can make a formal complaint to NHS England: www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/ or ring on
Tele: 0300 311 22 33
- If you are still unhappy, after contacting NHS England, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who is independent of the NHS and government
Tele: 0345 015 4033
Action the Practice will take
- We will listen and try to resolve your complaint at the earliest opportunity
- We will acknowledge a written complaint within 3 days of receiving it and a response will be sent within 10 days. If it is not possible to conclude investigations within the 10 days we will update you with what progress has been made and the probable time scale for conclusion
- We will offer an apology if that is appropriate and take steps to make sure the problem does not arise again
For help with making a complaint you can contact
Healthwatch Wakefield - Local Advocacy Service
Unity House, Westgate, Wakefield, WF1 1EPTele: 01924 787379
NHS Complaints Advocacy Service - they support people through the process of making a complaint about the NHS. This is a free, confidential & independent service
Tele: 0300 330 5454