Stanley Health Centre
Our Mission Statement
We will strive to:
Provide a service which puts patient's needs and welfare at the heart of everything we do
RECEPTION IS OPEN
We are offering patients a limited choice of same day Face to Face appointments as well as telephone and video reviews. However, as a health care setting we are still required to maintain social distancing measures and will therefore have to limit the amount of patients sitting in the waiting room at any one time. Face to Face appointments will be staggered throughout the day with all our clinicians.
Patients are asked to sanitise their hands on entering and leaving the premises and to bring and wear a face covering.
We ask those arriving for their appointment not to arrive more than 5 minutes before their appointment time, as they may have to wait outside.
Thank you for your support
To book an appointment call 01924 822328
Annual flu vaccinations
Please contact the practice to book your annual flu vaccination, appointments are available now.
Book now if you are 65 years or older or 2 years to 64 years with a medical condition that puts you at greater risk if you caught flu
Please DO NOT attend the surgery if you have symptoms of Coronavirus
Hands - Face - Space
The NHS vaccination programme is continuing for Covid-19 vaccinations.
Click HERE for advice on what to do if you have suspected Coronavirus
- Lumps, bumps or swelling
- Blood in your pee, blood in your poo or coughing up blood
- Unexplained pain
- A change in your bowel habit
- Extreme tiredness
- Weight loss
- A cough lasting over 3 weeks, especially if you have ever smoked
The pharmacy next door to Stanley Health Centre will continue to open as usual.
They are restricting the number of people in the pharmacy at any one time to allow everyone to 'socially distance' themselves and they thank you for your understanding at this time.
When the Practice is CLOSED
In a genuine emergency you should call 999 or go to A&E. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
When We Are Closed help is available at:
- GP Care Wakefield
For help when we are closed you can still ring the practice telephone number: 01924 822328 and speak to GP Care Wakefield, you will automatically be put through to them during their opening hours
- or you can ring: 111
Outside the practice or GP Care Wakefield opening hours you can ring: 111
- or contact the Walk in Centre
King Street Wakefield – Tele: 01924 882350 Open 10am to 10pm
- Pontefract Urgent Treatment Centre – book by ringing 111, open 24/7, 365 days a year
- or you can go to any Pharmacy/Chemist
Please do not use this service to contact us to ask us to provide proof of your vaccination status. You can either download the NHS app or ring 119
When should I use GP Online Services?
- To contact the practice online for general queries
- You can contact the clinical team to request recent test results or request a continuation of your current MED3 (fit note)
- You can contact our secretary for information about current referrals to other services
- You can contact the administration team who deal with: Registrations & Deductions and Recalls for Long Term Health Conditions - They can provide information for all National Screening Programmes such as: Cytology (smears) - Childhood Immunisations - Breast Screening - Bowel Cancer Screening - Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening
When NOT to use GP Online Services:
- DO NOT use this service for any urgent matter
- DO NOT use this service to order repeated medications (use SystmOne Online - log on at bottom of this page)
- DO NOT use this service for appointment history (use SystmOne Online - log on at bottom of this page)